Natural and organic products sales in the U.S. grew an estimated 7.7% to $272B in 2021, with sales on track to surpass $300B by 2024 and $400B by 2030, according to New Hope Network’s State of Natural and Organic. While growth slowed in 2021, it was higher than the industry saw pre-pandemic.
Food and beverage momentum, specifically, continued throughout 2021, driving nearly 70% of industry sales. Natural, organic and functional food and beverage sales grew an estimated 7.1% to $186.5B in 2021, with sales on track to surpass $220B by 2024. Organic food and beverage grew an estimated 2% to $48.7B in 2021, as industry ups its focus on climate-friendly supply.
Overall, despite turbulent times, the forecast is looking bright for today’s natural and organic industry, as ongoing innovation sparks interest from consumers and investors. The State of Natural and Organic 2022 report provides deep dive into the natural products marketplace to help you predict the future of wellness.
Download your free report for a deep dive into:
- Key growth drivers of the natural and organic food and beverage, supplements and beauty industries
- Sales forecasts across natural and organic product categories
- Top food and beverage trends from Natural Products Expo West, including functional food, plant-based innovation, regenerative organic agriculture and ESG validation
- The role of technology in influencing consumer behavior and product development
- JEDI initiatives in the CPG industry
- Tactics for improving accessibility of natural and organic products
Register to access this resource
Registering as a member of New Hope Network will give you access to premium content, including digital magazines, webinars, white papers, and more.